Edinburgh Castle
Les Lobb's Diary
August 2017
Contact us
It's p p p pouring down.
Last Sunday, we did a boot sale in Tesco car park Tiverton. We've got loads of donated tat for the charity Dawn's involved in, so we loaded up the bus and spent the morning there - nothing exceptional, but we moved some stuff. There is a big boot sale at Lympstone tomorrow which we were going to do, but after this rain the field will be too boggy.
Yesterday we raided Burnham on sea for a brekky at Weatherspoons and a mooch round, then had a trip up to Bristol to meet up with friends at Blaise castle. Good weather and the car parks were filling up by the time we got there. After a brew and a natter we came home along the caravan derby road or to give it it's full title the M5.
Village annual street market today and the weather was kind.
Dawn did a charity car boot at Bickleigh this morning and moved another load of tat - we'll soon be able to see the floor of the summerhouse.
Off in the bus after getting Mum's lunch tomorrow; just around north Devon, then Thursday pm we hope to be setting off to Northumberland for a few days.
Sunshine this morning!
Had a good weekend away in the bus and met up with friends we haven't seen for a couple of years.
Got an appt at lunchtime, then heading up to Druridge bay, Northumberland; probably stop somewhere near Brum for the night. I've got my beach casters loaded, hoping for a spot of fishing and this will be our first chance to try out the new awning, so looking forward to it.
We'em back in cream tea land!
Arrived home yesterday after spending the night at a friend's near Stafford.
Brilliant trip; stopped the first night at a reservoir nr Brum and then had a slow (bliddy M42) trip up to Druridge bay, Northumberland. We had a few showers but I was able to fish the beach on the Saturday night - few small plaice and mate had a bass; beautiful sandy beach and miles of it. Left Monday morning and crossed the N. Yorks moors to Ribblehead where we had a splendid lunch at the Station Inn and slept in the car park. Tuesday was another slow trip down to Stafford to meet up with a friend we met in France and his family; weather was kind and we had a bbq in the garden watching the sunset. The run back from Stafford is one we have done many times, because of the mooring we had near there, and was trouble free.
We did try out the new awning and were pleased with it, although I'm getting a couple more guy ropes to be on the 'safe' side.

Another weekend in North Devon and now emptied and topped up ready for a trip to Henley in Arden to meet some friends.
This evening the Trout at Bickleigh is having a special 'West Country Seafood' night, so we're going for a meal and then overnight in their car park before heading North tomorrow.
Bugger, this retirement lark gets a bit hectic at times!